Saturday, June 18, 2005

Character-schmaracter

Went to my oldest (as in a long time, not age) friend's graduation party today. I've known Wendy since I was 4 years old. She is amazing. Got a perfect score on the math part of her SATs. She did her undergrad at USC & just finished her MBA at UCLA. I love to brag about knowing someone so amazing.
Wendy's awesomeness is not the point today. Today I almost did something completely out of character. There is no explanation for the actions I almost took. Wendy has a bunch of hoity-toity USC sorority sisters (of which, I have no idea how she fit in with them, except that she's amazing). Let it be noted that I was also a sorority girl, but the Cal-State kind, which is way more middle class.
Okay, so here's what happened: At the party, I went to the bathroom and noticed an adorable must-have pair of dita sunglasses. I had noticed them on one of these sorority girls earlier. I couldn't help but try them on. They looked perfect on me. And here's what I did: I purposely didn't tell the girl she'd left them in the bathroom in hopes that she'd leave them at the party. I knew I never would have had the gall to actually take them, but let me tell you I wanted them. A lot. She later remembered them. But seriously, WHAT WAS I THINKING???
No one knew this thought had entered my mind, but all the way home I couldn't help but feel sinkingly guilty (or was it regret?). I'm not sure why I'm sharing this, except that I need to share my guilt, and I'm hoping that you won't think I'm terrible for this crime I almost thought about committing.
Wendy, if you read this, you have to promise me never to mention it to anyone, for fear that I'll turn bright red & never be able to look you in the face again. Reader, you should know that Wendy is totally down to earth & would probably make me feel like it was a perfectly normal thought (like I said, amazing). She's moving to Arizona & I'm gonna miss her so so much. xoxo
ps - Maybe I'll take up a sunglasses collection fund? What do you think? You're right, I probably don't deserve them (sniff sniff).

3 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am laughing SO hard right now!

I have to admit...it's my fault that Amber didn't leave her glasses. I saw them in the bathroom as everyone was leaving and asked if they were hers.....sorry, you could have had a nice ($$$) pair of shades :)

Shockingly enough, the girls at my party are the least hoity toity of the bunch (I know its hard to believe)...seriously, though- they are nice girls. (Although no one is as nice as Nicole- I know everyone reading this comment will agree with that!)

Anyway, I am so happy you and Miss Gracie were able to come- I am going to miss you guys so much!

-Wendy

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger nicole said...

See what I mean - awesome. Wendy's right though - the girls were pretty nice, even with their pricey sunglasses. xoxo

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you add the Dita's to your wish list make sure you select a style. I'm thinkin' the "Pretender" model is all you and you're worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home