Saturday, June 18, 2005

Character-schmaracter

Went to my oldest (as in a long time, not age) friend's graduation party today. I've known Wendy since I was 4 years old. She is amazing. Got a perfect score on the math part of her SATs. She did her undergrad at USC & just finished her MBA at UCLA. I love to brag about knowing someone so amazing.
Wendy's awesomeness is not the point today. Today I almost did something completely out of character. There is no explanation for the actions I almost took. Wendy has a bunch of hoity-toity USC sorority sisters (of which, I have no idea how she fit in with them, except that she's amazing). Let it be noted that I was also a sorority girl, but the Cal-State kind, which is way more middle class.
Okay, so here's what happened: At the party, I went to the bathroom and noticed an adorable must-have pair of dita sunglasses. I had noticed them on one of these sorority girls earlier. I couldn't help but try them on. They looked perfect on me. And here's what I did: I purposely didn't tell the girl she'd left them in the bathroom in hopes that she'd leave them at the party. I knew I never would have had the gall to actually take them, but let me tell you I wanted them. A lot. She later remembered them. But seriously, WHAT WAS I THINKING???
No one knew this thought had entered my mind, but all the way home I couldn't help but feel sinkingly guilty (or was it regret?). I'm not sure why I'm sharing this, except that I need to share my guilt, and I'm hoping that you won't think I'm terrible for this crime I almost thought about committing.
Wendy, if you read this, you have to promise me never to mention it to anyone, for fear that I'll turn bright red & never be able to look you in the face again. Reader, you should know that Wendy is totally down to earth & would probably make me feel like it was a perfectly normal thought (like I said, amazing). She's moving to Arizona & I'm gonna miss her so so much. xoxo
ps - Maybe I'll take up a sunglasses collection fund? What do you think? You're right, I probably don't deserve them (sniff sniff).

4 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Oh Nicole I love you!!! And please who are us cal state sisters kidding...our house was perty darn hoity toity as well....someone just needed to burst their bubbles and tell them they were "cal state" XOXOX

 
At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Wendy said...

I am laughing SO hard right now!

I have to admit...it's my fault that Amber didn't leave her glasses. I saw them in the bathroom as everyone was leaving and asked if they were hers.....sorry, you could have had a nice ($$$) pair of shades :)

Shockingly enough, the girls at my party are the least hoity toity of the bunch (I know its hard to believe)...seriously, though- they are nice girls. (Although no one is as nice as Nicole- I know everyone reading this comment will agree with that!)

Anyway, I am so happy you and Miss Gracie were able to come- I am going to miss you guys so much!

-Wendy

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger nicole said...

See what I mean - awesome. Wendy's right though - the girls were pretty nice, even with their pricey sunglasses. xoxo

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you add the Dita's to your wish list make sure you select a style. I'm thinkin' the "Pretender" model is all you and you're worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home