Sunday, July 24, 2005

Just the Three of Us


So I've decided that I don't want any more kids. Now before you gasp in horror, please listen to my reasoning & know that one day I will very likely eat my words. The ironic part is that I had a great pregnancy & delivery. While I was still in the hospital, Randy & I even talked about having a second when Gracie was 6 months old. The timeline just kept getting pushed back. Here's my thinking:
  • I've got Gracie, why mess with (only-child-spoiled-rotten) perfection?
  • Gracie, Randy & I nap together just about every day. There is no way I'm ready to give that up.
  • When I was working, I was quite the workaholic. I would rarely say no to something new, unless it was something I knew was absolutely too much. Based on that, I'm saying no to more responsibility in my current employment (mommahood), which should be taken just as seriously.
  • I know it is temporary, but four people in a one bedroom house is just a bad idea all around. Especially when one of those four people would be brand new & pooping & screaming a lot.
  • 10 poopy diapers & 2-3 hours of sleep per night. 'Nuff said.
  • I really don't want to be fat again.
  • In the past two years, I have gained and lost about 60lbs. Gracie only weighed 5lbs. 6oz.
  • I can't stand the thought of Gracie feeling displaced by another child.
What do you think? Have I made my case? xoxo

2 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Joy said...

It seems like the parents that really "should" have more are the one's that don't, and the one's who have several, shouldn't. Don't cut yourself short on all that you, Randy, Gracie and this family have to offer... I love you & I'm going to miss you very much!

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

drac-DUH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home