Sunday, July 17, 2005

Bugs & Critters & Things

I can't sleep. Want to know why? I woke up this morning with an ant on my chin. Think about this for a moment: when was the last time you saw one, single ant? [I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere before, but I can't remember where or when.] Never. When I finally pried my eyes open, I came face to face with the whole colony two inches from my head on the window sill. Traumatic, but I'm an independent girl, so I got out the ant killer & sprinkled it all over those suckers. Feeling proud, I noticed later that they had left. Got rid of those buggers, feeling good!
It was a little premature. It turns out that the ants didn't leave, they were just building up an immunity to the poison. They're back & now smell like ant poison when you squish them - whoo hoo!
Of course, I didn't discover this until & went to drag my tired self to bed. Sprinkle more poison. Squish more ants & decide to look in garage for spray-on ant poison to kill those that crawl under the ledge.
Malia, you'll love this. I open the front door & come this close to stepping on one of the largest alligator lizards I have ever seen. We have two that live on our porch & constantly threaten to invade. Quickly close front door with a gasp (didn't know I had it in me).
While looking in the garage, I almost ran into a huge spider (another gasp) dangling from it's web in the exact middle of the garage. Came so close to it, that it actually was scurrying up it's web to get out of the way.
If you need me, I'll be hiding out in the car. Only, I can't decide whether to have the lights on or off: with them on, you can see the critters before they attack you, but the lights on tends to attract more pesties. Ahh, it is good to be back in Leona Valley. xoxo

3 Comments:

At 4:47 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

Alligator Lizards just sound very menacing.... are they? :-)

XXO -
Rachael

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeeek!

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

grant's kills ants is awesome. try it, I had great results w/ it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home