Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Real estate agents

I know I've mentioned before that in becoming a realtor I am joining a certain class of professionals, but that has been brought to a whole new level. On the day of our impromptu open house, I met Francine. You should know that I've been up front with realtors, telling them that I am getting my license & am not interested in having someone else sell my house. After we had talked on the phone (which was a treat), here's how my conversation with Francine went:

ME: So, here's our house.
FRANCINE: Oh, your pretty, you should come work for me!
ME: ummm. . .
FRANCINE: How much money would you give me, if I could get you more for this house?
ME: We'll, we really want to do it ourselves [read: you'd be last person I'd have sell my house].
FRANCINE: You life is going to be hell, then.
[If she thinks I can work for her, then why couldn't I sell my own house?]
ME: Can I show you the front door?
FRANCINE: Let me first go on and on about myself. Aren't I a fabulous 50+ woman? Did I mention that I'm currently renting an apartment in Northridge, so that I can get my degree [multiply this line times five].
ME: Well, I need to change the baby's diaper, so. . .
FRANCINE: I can get you more for this house.
ME: Gracie is pulling off my arm & screaming, so let me get the door for you.
FRANCINE: I can get you more for this house. How much would you give me?
I think you get the picture. xoxo

1 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can get you more for this house. How much would you give me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home