Friday, April 08, 2005

Complaining II

Ok, so here's how this post started: me listing all of the things I am having a hard time with right now, followed by a list of all of the things that I’m thankful/happy with. After writing the entry, I feel much more positive. So what I‘ve decided to do is just list the good part, the things that make me smile. If you want, you can just read the happy stuff & leave it at that. Since I did need to get some things off of my chest, the original entry will stay posted below. If you want to read it you can, but it really is just the complaints of a spoiled woman.
Here's the good stuff:

  • RANDY & GRACIE, of course!
  • Going to go visit Randy at work tomorrow, watch him be my hero.
  • Ever since I taught her "Eskimo kisses," she has also mastered the art of closed mouth kisses (thank goodness). She doles them out all the time now. I love it.
  • My Grandma is going to be ok. Just a few more days in the hospital, & they'll be able to send her home.
  • Randy's grandma, Grandma Cathy had a full & great life. I have never in my life known more definitively that she is happy & in a better place.
  • I can always get dentures. If I lived in another time, I probably would have pulled my teeth out on my own by now.
  • Some day I'll get a new computer. And really, what a silly thing to be obsessing about. There are probably more people than I can count with far worse problems (food, shelter & safety to name a few).
  • I've spent several hours with my dad trying to fix the %$#@ DVD burner.
  • We are so lucky to live in a place where there are trained medical professionals to do what they do.
You should know, this is just the short list of "good things." Thanks again. xoxo

1 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

Nicole...
You sound like a great mommy... our jobs are hard... and, as Mary Engelbreit so truthfully said, "just so daily." Making a gratitude list always helps, and I loved yours! Good job on the Eskimo kisses!! :-) Great blog! I'll check in more often!

Rachael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home