Sunday, December 11, 2005

Seasons Greetings, Happy Holidays, Etc.


I'm finally mailing out my Christmas cards tomorrow. If we are acquaintances & I have your address, you're probably getting one. I love sending cards out. It's the one time of year that you can send a note just to say "I'm thinking of you." Also, I've found, the more Christmas cards you send out, the more you receive (and I love getting them).
This year I have discovered the one thing I really miss around the holidays, now that I'm not teaching. Yes, I miss the fantastic students & challenging them to learn something they may find difficult. But the one thing I really miss this time of year is my Student Aides. My last year teaching high school, my T.A.'s (Vanessa, Kelly & Jaharri) addressed all 100 (no joke & the list keeps growing) of my Christmas cards. Don't worry, I still signed them myself, but they did the addressing, stamping & envelope licking. Yes, I was a great mentor to those girls, and yes they all earned their easy A's. xoxo

5 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too cute!!

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too cute!!

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap! That's what I need my T.A.s to do for me! I have, get this, 10 T.A.s. Is that ridiculous or what? I always need more work for them to do.

Cute picture!

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for the beautiful Christmas card! We got it last night and you guys are totally getting the award for most photogenic Christmas card...though my parents come in a close second for their picture in Venice.

P.S. Is that your future house in the background?

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger nicole said...

So glad you liked it! And, yes that is our future house in the background - the same one that they are pouring the slab for today! xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home