Thursday, December 08, 2005

My Conversation With Toby Keith In Las Vegas

ME: (taps Mr.Keith's shoulder) Hi, um is your wife here? 'Cause, since the rodeo is in town, if I were her, I'd want to be here.
[I swear this was not meant to be anywhere near the line it sounds. I really wanted to know.]
TOBY KEITH: (smiling) No, is your wife here?
ME: No, my husband's at the bar getting a drink.
KIMI: (walking up & assuming I've just asked for his autograph) I'm sure you get this all the time.
TOBY KEITH: (more smiling) Yeah, but that's the best line I've heard yet.
(the small crowd of Mr.Keith's friends starts laughing. I've known his wife for years someone says.)
ME: But, I um, really wanted to know (trailing off). . .
KIMI: My dad's a huge fan, can we have your autograph?
TOBY KEITH: Sure.
xoxo

2 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO
WAY!!!
----
That is, hands down, the most amazing/hilarious thing I've hear today...and also the most novel pick-up line. That's just crazy and funny and I bet you'll be one of his stories now.

Nobody can charm a man like a L.V. girl can :)

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Kathryn said...

that is pretty funny.
Any pictures??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home