Tuesday, November 15, 2005

R-A-N-D-Y

Randy got XM Radio put in his truck today. He's been working a lot lately & gets almost no radio reception on the way to work.
He was on the phone getting the XM hooked up, when I heard him say, "Yes that's right: R-A-N-D-E-L." I quietly tried to correct him: isn't it r-a-n-d-a-l-l? He waved me off & repeated the spelling of his name for the lady on the phone: R-A-N-D-E-L. When I gave him a questioning look, he got out his driver's liscence. Oh crap, I'm thinking, I've been spelling his name wrong for ten years now.
Turns out, I'm not the one with the spelling problem. My brainiac husband spelled his own name wrong. This shouldn't be a surprise, seeing as he once wrote on a card to me, "You are my angle." Totally appropriate for a math teacher. xoxo
ps - Please know that although he's not much of a speller, he is a total brainiac & the one I always go to with "how come. . ." questions.

2 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SO funny.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Katie Blanton said...

Ahh..poor guy! Well at least I know I'm alone in this world. I don't do anything without spell check (and I was an English major!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home