Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Rules

There comes a time in the life of a blogger when one must set some rules. Let me start by saying that this did not come as a direct result of any one conversation. It's just something I've been thinking of for awhile. So, stop the paranoia.
As a reader, you need to understand that this is a journal for me. Although it is online (which may cheapen it a bit), it is still a place for me to reflect and record my thoughts. Please feel privileged that you may read them.
That said, here's my rules:
  1. I shall not be held responsible for anything written here, by myself or anyone else. I want to be able to write whatever comes into my pretty little head, without the repercussions.
  2. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If you don't like it, you know where you can go!
  3. I love comments, when they are posted on the blog or sent in an email.
  4. If you have something even slightly negative to say, don't. I don't need it.
  5. Use my blog to keep up to date on my life, but if we are friends please do not substitute it for actual contact. Relationships with people are so much richer than relationships with computers, don't you think?
  6. Sorry Jesse & Courtnye, but no minors. I don't want to have to censor for you young'ns (as much as I love ya!).
There, that wasn't so bad, was it? Six rules isn't too over the top. When I was teaching, my classroom rules were kept down to four (they were very broad rules), but I think you can stick to it! Ask any of my former students and they will tell you that I'm pretty much a softy, and there is always an exception to the rules. So if needed, you can throw these out the window (for good reasons only). Thanks for letting me get this out. xoxo

2 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

oooohhh. I might have to borrow these!!

Rachael

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger nicole said...

Please do! I think they should warn you about some of this stuff before you start a blog. xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home